Saturday, 10 January 2015

 

 Crafty Christmas

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year. The weeks before Christmas were quite busy for me since I had set my self the task of making Christmas presents for all my sisters and cousins as well as making a gingerbread AT-AT walker. I have posted pictures of some of the presents I am proud of and of course the ginger bread AT-AT.
 
 
 Left: Dinosaur Rider. The idea of this project was to create a toy just like a "hobby horse" or "stick horse" but with a dinosaur head instead of a horse one. I made the pattern my self and used a pole that I found in my garage as the stick. I hope to post a tutorial/ step by step photos, of how I made the dinosaur rider, sometime in the future. Right: Pull apart snowman. My 2 year old cousin that I made this for is obsessed with the Disney movie "Frozen" so I decided to make her a snowman toy similar to Olaf. The head, two body snowballs, feet and carrot are all separate pieces that are joined together with Velcro so they can be pulled apart and rebuilt like a real snowman. I also made the pattern for this toy myself and hope to eventually post a tutorial for this as well.
 
 
 
 
 I made Fimo necklace pendants for some of my cousins and sisters. These are two of my favourites.
 
Left: Yoda Necklace. I made this necklace for my sister who loves Star Wars. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. Right: Cupcake necklace. After I made baked this necklace I painted "Mod Podge Gloss" over it to create shine and make is look more professional.
 
 
 
 
  My sister and I have created a sort of tradition where instead of making a normal gingerbread house we make a gingerbread creation from a tv show or movie we love. Last year we made a TARDIS from Doctor Who so this year we decided to take up the challenge of making an AT-AT Walker from Star Wars. The most difficult part to making it was the fact that I had to make all the patterns for the gingerbread pieces myself and it took quite a while to figure out how to fit them all together. I hope to post more about the construction of this AT-AT in another blog post and even upload the patterns (if I can find them) so you can make one yourself!  :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment